eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Real Horse Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Death and Disarray at America's Racetracks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jubalrutledge View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 17.10
  Quote jubalrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Death and Disarray at America's Racetracks
    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 5:32pm
https://youtu.be/86XGhbhwTwo

This Video Broke my heart and pissed me off

As most of us that play this game LOVE the sport in RL. But even more then the love of the sport of kings, I love the horses. The greatest athletes we as human will ever see.

And this video points to the greed and lack of compassion more then I realized is going on.

Please watch! its on YOUTUBE   
☠️ Home of Pirate Racing LLC & THE NWRC (Northwest Racing Circuit) ☠️
Cap'n Jubal☠️ 3-G1,6-G2,9-G3 ☠️<
ukwoman View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 14.70
  Quote ukwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 6:21pm
This video broke my heart. What I noticed was that all the races were on the Flat. As a fan of jump racing, which is of course higher risk than Flat racing, I find this very disturbing. British racing has done really well in reducing the number of injuries during the past few years, both on the Flat and over jumps. This has been due to increased veterinary inspections amongst other things. Perhaps the USA should take a look.
dydalt View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 14.50
  Quote dydalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 9:58pm
Drugs are a problem-- I wonder how much "inbreeding" has to do with breakdowns as well?
ukwoman View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 14.70
  Quote ukwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 9:23pm
Not just the horses, but the jockeys also risk their lives. I noticed that all the races were also on the dirt, which is considered to be a more dangerous surface. We don’t have that here, just turf and poly and just turf for jumpers. Although jumping is more risky, I can remember more horses being fatallly injured between jumps rather than from falling in recent years, notably Sir Eric in last year’s Triumph Hurdle (broke down at a hurdle without falling), Starchitect (leg broke when in a clear lead at Cheltenham with no more fences to jump) and Many Clouds (Grand National winner, who won the Cotswold Chase at Cheltenham then collapsed and died from a broken blood vessel - he was my favoutire horse!)
 Post Reply Post Reply