Print Page | Close Window

2013 Eclipse Voting is Here!

Printed From: eHorseracing.com
Category: Blogs
Forum Name: eHorseracing Blog
Forum Discription: Happeningsand updates concerning eHorseracing.com's horse racing games.
URL: ./forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13889
Printed Date: 23 Oct 2019 at 1:58pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.50 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2013 Eclipse Voting is Here!
Posted By: administrator
Subject: 2013 Eclipse Voting is Here!
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 10:05am
Hey guys!

In previous years, players were responsible for voting in our end-of-year awards. Starting in 2014, our End of Year awards will be determined based on a systematic formula (you can see the formula by looking at the EOY Award Points link - it's ugly, but there's a link to it). For the 2013 awards, we will be using a blend of formula and player input for determining these awards.

The EOY Award Points formula was used for determining 4 horses in each EOY category (8 were selected for the Horse of the Year). Only stable groupings active as of 2013-12-31 with 100+ races run are allowed to vote. I will scrub the votes for duplicates, but please make my job easy
and simply vote once - I really do have a decent idea of who runs what stable, and I have better uses of my time than to audit data. :) Also, please vote your conscience - a lot of these categories really should be cut and dry.

Voting will conclude on 2014-02-03 at midnight. You can modify your vote up until this time, but once you vote for a category a vote must be registered for that category. You can vote (or see your most recently updated voting) by logging in and going to :

Ratings > Vote 2013 Eclipse

Once voting has concluded, I will blend player voting (66 2/3 %) and a modified EOY Award Points voting (33 1/3 %) to determine the winners.

The formula I will use to apply the EOY Award Points probably looks like greek, but understanding it isn't necessary - I'll be the one using
it to blend the actual and CPU votes - all you need to do is vote. It is included because I'm sure I'll be asked and wanted to disclose it. :)

Each horse eligible for voting in a category will be awarded a fractional vote based upon a formula using their EOY Award Points as a

percentage of their category. To determine the fractional votes awarded, I will :

* Take the overall votes cast by players in the category (TVC)
* The EOY Award Point value will be raised to the third power for each horse in the category (EOYm[1], EOYm[2], etc)
* These will be summed for all horses that can be voted on, and will be used to determine a weighted EOYm[x] score, where x is the horse in the category (EOYm_total)
* Each horse will be awarded an extra (TVC * EOYm[x]) / (EOYm_total * 2) votes

..in essence, fractional votes = 1/2 a vote will be applied for each real vote (leading to a 2/3 & 1/3 split).

Winners will be announced no later than 2014-02-17; I will talk to Squirrel and see if she has the time to have a presentation show.

Good luck to everyone! Thanks guys!

--Mike

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.50 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2008 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com